- Children and Pesticides and Human Health
- Classroom Aids
- Climate Change and Organic
- Fast Facts from Rodale’s 30 year Organic/Conventional Trials.
- Environmental Impact
- Find Local-Organic Food and Farms Near You
- International Food Security
- Nutrition and Organic Food
- Organic History
- Organic Yields
A look into our library at organic related research and information.
Children and Pesticides and Human Health
- President’s Cancer Report | President’s Cancer Panel
- Pesticides in the Diets of Infants and Children | National Academy Press
- Pesticides and Children | Organic Trade Association
- Correlation Between Ag Chemicals and Fetal Impacts| Rodale
- Children of Farmworkers in North Carolina Heavily Exposed to Pesticides | Organic Center
- National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals| Center For Disease Control
- Organic Diets Significantly Lower Children’s Dietary Exposure to Organophosphorus Pesticides | Environ Health Perspect. 2006 February; 114(2): 260-263
- Pesticide Appliers, Biocides, and Birth Defects in Rural Minnesota | U of MN.
- Free curriculum for high school classes | Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems
Climate Change and Organic
- Organic Farming – 15-28% More Carbon Sequestration | Rodale Institute
- The Corn and Climate Report | Great Plains Institute
- Manifesto on Climate Change and the Future of Food Security
- Farming Systems Trial Report | Rodale
Fast Facts from Rodale’s 30 year Organic/Conventional Trials.
- Organic yields match conventional yields.
- Organic outperforms conventional in years of drought.
- Organic farming systems build rather than deplete soil organic matter, making it a more sustainable system.
- Organic farming uses 45% less energy and is more efficient.
- Conventional systems produce 40% more greenhouse gases.
- Organic farming systems are more profitable than conventional.
- External Costs of Industrial Agricultural Production in the United States| International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability. Vol. 2, Nov. 2, 2004
- Organic and Integrated Farming Key to Lowering Nitrogen Leaching | USDA
- Impacts of Genetically Engineered Crops on Pesticide Use. | The Organic Center
Find Local-Organic Food and Farms Near You
- National Co-op Directory |Purchase Hard Copy | On-line Listing
- Local Harvest
- Buy Direct And CSA Directory | Land Stewardship Project
- Directory of Minnesota Organic Farms | Minnesota Department of Agriculture
International Food Security
- International Conference on Organic Agriculture and Food Security | United Nations
- Organic Crops Perform up to 100 Percent Better in Drought and Flood Years |Rodale
- Organic Agriculture and Food Security in Africa | United Nations – Trade and Development
Nutrition and Organic Food
- Nutritional Considerations | Organic Trade Association
- The Organic Movement Past and Present | Roger Blobaum
- Organic History | The Kerr Center | George Kuepper
- The Farming System Trial | Rodale Insitutue